Bottle Gourd Seeds
Buy Bottle Gourd Seeds Online
The bottle gourd, which belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family, is a very important vegetable crop in India. The vegetable in the green stage and leaves with stems are used as vegetables. This veggie is also great for maintaining one's heart in good health.
Season: June or January to April
- This crop requires long days and dry weather with abundant sunshine.
- The optimum temperature for germination: 23-25°C.
- Temperature for growth and fruit development: 20-32°C.
- Cool nights and warm days are ideal for the accumulation of sugars in the fruits.
- Well-drained loamy soil is better for cucurbits cultivation. Soil should be moderately fertile and rich in organic matter.
- Optimum soil pH :6.0-7.0.
- Before bed preparation, previous crop debris, weeds, and stones should be removed. The field should be ploughed 5-6 times to break clods and well pulverized to hold water.
- 2-3 leaf stage seedling should be transplanted in the main field in end February.
Seed rate: 1.5kg/ha
Spacing: 2-3 m row to row and 60-90 cm plant to plant