Buy Bitter Gourd Seeds Online
Bitter gourd is a green-skinned vegetable with white to translucent flesh and a bitter flavour. It has some nutritional value like Dietary fibres, Vitamin A, B-Complex, B1, B2, B3, C, K, Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Folate
Season: June or January to April
- This crop requires long days and dry weather with abundant sunshine.
- Optimum temperature for germination: 23-25°C.
- Temperature for growth and fruit development: 20-32°C.
- Cool nights and warm days are ideal for the accumulation of sugars in the fruits.
- Well-drained loamy soil is better for cucurbits cultivation. Soil should be moderately fertile and rich in organic matter.
- Optimum soil pH:6.0-7.0.
- Before bed preparation, previous crop debris, weeds, and stones should be removed. The field should be ploughed 5-6 times to break clods and well pulverized to hold water.
- 2-3 leaf stage seedlings should be transplanted in the main field at end of February.
Seed rate: 1.8 kg/ha
Spacing: 2-3 m row to row and 60-90 cm plant to plant