Buy Tomato Seeds in India
Tomatoes are a widely consumed vegetable. This crop is produced effectively throughout India. Tomatoes have a lot of carbohydrates, vitamins, calcium, iron, and other mineral salts, A pigment called lycopene is found in its fruit. Which has been described as the world's most important antioxidant. Tomatoes also have a lot of vitamin C and carotenoids, which is good for your health.
Tips on how to grow Tomatoes:
- Weather: As per regional operation
- Seed rate: 50-60 grams per acre
- Soil: Well-drained sandy, loamy soil with organic matter (pH.6.5-7.5) is suitable for the crop.
- Sowing Distance: 80 cms from row to row. And plant to plant 60 cm.
Land preparation for Tomato:
- After ploughing the field well 2-3 times, make the soil fine-brown.
- Add rotted cow dung at the rate of 8-10 tonnes per acre and then mix it well in the soil.
- To prevent gall disease, mix Calfomil (5-10 ml/L) in soil 2-3 days before nursery planting.
- 25-30 days old seedlings are removed from the nursery and transplanted by dipping them in Calfomil (5-10 ml/L) solution for 15 minutes.
Irrigation for Tomato:
Irrigation should be done at an interval of 10 to 12 days keeping in mind the moisture content of the field.
Note - It is necessary to give the amount of zinc sulphate separately to the crop (do not use in combination with other fertilizers)
Tomato Weed Management:
- Spray Pendimethalin (500-600g/acre) while preparing the field.
- After planting remove remaining weeds by hand after 25-30 days.
Note- It's better to tie the tomato plants with a stick before it start to produce fruit. This will help to improve the quality of the tomatoes as well as their production.